Human papilloma cell changes
Department of Ophthalmology, Grigore T. E-mail: moc. We report the detection of HPV 52 in a sample taken from a year-old patient with squamous cell carcinoma of the conjunctiva of the left eye.
The method used for the detection of HPV was real time polymerase chain reaction. The evolution was favorable after surgical removal of the tumor and the patient was explained that long-term follow-up is essential to avoid recurrence.
Keywords: Conjunctiva, eye, human papillomavirus 52, real time polymerase chain reaction, squamous cell carcinoma Human papillomavirus HPV infection is strongly associated with anogenital tumors cervix, penis, human papilloma cell changes, vagina, anus human papilloma cell changes, head and neck cancers oral cavity, esophagus, larynxand nonmelanoma skin cancers squamous and basal cell carcinoma.
The association between HPV human papilloma cell changes and eye tumors is little explored territory.
Di Hpv vaccine males brings forward a two-hit theory that explains cancerogenesis in OSSN: The first hit is mediated by ultraviolet radiation exposure that causes genetic alteration and the second hit is mediated by HPV infection in the susceptible cells.
Case Report We present a unique case of squamous cell carcinoma of the conjunctiva examined and treated in June The year-old patient presented at the Ophthalmology Department for mild stinging sensation and redness in the left eye for almost 1-year and a half. He has been treated for the last 2 months with dexamethasone eye drops for scleritis by another ophthalmologist.
The patient admits being a heavy smoker for almost 30 years and that in his free time he practices agriculture without using sunglasses. All other ophthalmological findings were normal. Conjunctival culture was performed before surgery, and no bacterial infection was found.
- Strains of HPV 16 and 18 are strains with a high cancer risk, known to cause almost all cases of cervical cancer while also increasing the risk to develop oropharyngeal cancer.
- T virus resident evil
- Cutaneous manifestations in pregnancy: Pre-existing skin diseases - Hpv skin changes
- Regim pentru detoxifiere
- Human papillomavirus infection neck - Papillomavirus in chameleons
- Hpv virus and cell changes HPV- Human Papilloma Virus define anthelmintic agents PCMC is more frequently found in males and it usually appears between the ages of 50 and Mendoza and Hedwig made the first contemporary description of this eyelid-located tumour.
- Human papilloma mouth - Infecţia cu HPV (human papilloma virus) la bărbaţi
- Wart virus changes Human papillomavirus 52 positive squamous cell carcinoma of the conjunctiva
The CT scan of the head and neck showed no signs of tumor invasion of the orbit or the lymph nodes. The limbic lesion was removed surgically with 2 mm margin of normal tissue and diathermy of the adjacent sclera was done.
At the end, the remaining temporal defect was restored using a supero-nasal conjunctiva graft fixed in position with interrupted and surjet The excised tumor was cut into 2 fragments: One for pathology preserved in formalin and one for HPV genotyping preserved in Cobas polymerase chain reaction PCR solution and refrigerated at 4°C until processing.
Histopathology exam showed a moderate differentiated keratinized squamous cell carcinoma of the conjunctiva without koilocytosis [Figs.